SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
I had already said that I didn't like the drawings for the Dehler 41 interior. They seemed to be designed by the team that designs the Hanse (Dehler belongs now to Hanse) and they are far away in quality from the best Italian and French interior designers.

Well, my fears were confirmed, they finally posted the photos from the interior (a looong way after they have posted the outside photos), they changed some things regarding the drawings but the interior is still very poor, dark, Hanse like and unimaginative. To put things even worse they have hull portlights on the cabins but not on the saloon. That makes no sense at all and contributes to that gloomy interior. The mast is almost on the middle of the saloon. If they really need the mast there they should have gone for another type of mast, I mean deck stepped, except on racing boats were the interior does not matter so much.

A sad story: How to ruin a very nice sailing boat with a really bad interior. I had some months back a good offer to buy a Hanse 41 when the boat was still in the making....Jesus, I am happy to have gone another way

They had lowered the prices of the 41, comparing with the 39 but the interior seems to be of lower quality and mainly the interior design sucks!!!

A bad move to have the interior designed by the Hanse team. The best French and Italian designers are so much better that makes no sense to stay with the home team. They need a good interior designer and they needed it quickly.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 08-31-2011 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook