SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Paulo,
I was on a Salona 39 at the recent Sydney boat show and I confess the quality of the interior appointments disappointed me. Now the Sydney Boat Show is a piss poor event in the main. The usual suspects are there of course but there is very little beyond your typical production cruiser racer. I expected the Salona to stand out from the crowd. It didn't.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrews there is some confusion here: The Salona has not a 39. It has a 34 a 38 a 41 a 44 and it will have a 60.

Home - Salona Yachts

You could have seen an old 37 (I sailed the first 38 some days back in Croatia and the boat is going to Cannes boat show) or perhaps a 41?

Salona has a stupid politic in what regards boat shows: While all the others big brands show brand new boats Salona show demo boats that show some use and furthermore they don't put the boats in tip top shape, I mean regarding adjusting cabinet doors drawers, that sort of stuff furthermore and even more important while big companies have a very professional approach in what regards interior and exterior lighting of the boat (more lightening that the one used on the boat interior and outside projectors giving more interior illumination) they just present the boat with its own illumination and without having projectors helping. I don't need to tell you the importance of lightening on a boat presentation. Maybe they have not the means to do otherwise.

I have already noticed this on several boat shows and have even told them that they should improve the presentation of their boats on boat shows and improve lighting.

What I can tell you for sure is that I have charted last year a brand new Dufour 425 and this year a brand new Salona 41. The Dufour are the more expensive and better finished of all French mass production sail boats and I can tell you that without any doubt the Salona 41 was not only better finished but had also better quality material everywhere, I mean from the cabinet lockers to the door knobs. At least that is my opinion after sailing both boats for at least a week.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 08-31-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook