SailNet Community - View Single Post - HELP! Move to Live Aboard Sparks Custody Battle
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011

bonmot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLein View Post
All I can think is, poor kid. Divorced parents is tough enough, and now he needs a lawyer and a psychologist? At least he gets to spend half his time on a boat!

I'm with hellosailor. Boats provide more opportunities for practical education than just about anything else you can do.

As for experience, don't have much of my own. However, this is one of my favorite blogs: two parents with two kids, one just a few months old, somewhere in the Chesapeake: Zach Aboard. They seem to live pretty comfortably, and the author tells boat-related and non-boat-related stories. Every couple of weeks I send my wife the link in the hopes that she will see the light
Thanks for the link and words of support. I look forward to checking out that blog. It appears to be an extremely useful resource in making my case.

Best of luck in accomplishing your goal to move aboard. I guess it depends just "resistant" your wife is to the idea. If she could try it with an open mind she might come around. If not, at least she gave it a try. There are sacrifices to living on a boat to be sure, but there also rewards aplenty. Each person has to decide if the pluses outweigh the minuses. Even with all this incredible stress and nonsense, it still makes the most sense for me. Just wish I'd started 30 years ago!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook