SailNet Community - View Single Post - Splicing problem
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 09-02-2011 Thread Starter
Senior Member
dhays's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 718
Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 6
Well, I decided to try something else. I took a metal coat hanger, and after using the pusher to create the tunnel , I folded the coat hanger back onto itself and fed it through and pulled, rather than pushed the core through the cover. It worked. The splice is stiff, but strong. I think that this may be the answer to my problems and after a couple more practice runs on some old line, I'll try it on my genny sheets.


47*20'11.7" N
122*35'20.8" W
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dhays is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome