SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wind Generator Shakes Boat
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011

DocBrauer is on a distinguished road
I2c, Porfin, Undadar thanks for advice. I tried durian once and it's got to be the nastiest fruit in the world but will dare the candy. I'm a little leary about adding anything to the blades not only because silentwind in instructions says don't do that but also weight had been added to old hub and it worked with old blades. Now it seems easier to add small weights then to try and add lots of little weights then remove and my mind still says screws/bolts and washers from reading somewhere in past. Here is my plan unless someone says Doc that's stupid (wouldn't be first time). Find area that needs weight and drill small hole and add small bolt and different size/quantities washers close to outer circumference of hub until when both heavy side and bolt are held in level horizontal position then released there is no rotation. Spin again to see if is still heavy side and repeat. Do until blades stop randomly. What do you think? Do know of a golf course near Denerau I could look for tape if necessary.

Last edited by DocBrauer; 09-03-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook