ASA and PSIA Instructor
Join Date: Apr 2000
Thanked 27 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 16
!. The halyard should go from the arm which is called a crane.
2. The topping lift runs from the front of the mast 1/2 to 2/3 up.
3. The downlaul termed the foreguy turns in a block in the center of the foredeck.
4. Two sheets twice the length of the boat.
4. Four cheek blocks, two at the stern and two on the rail at the beam for tweaker lines.
5. Two short tweaker lines with blocks at their ends.
If you are primarily interested in cruising rather than racing, I'd consider an oversize pole and a asymm spinnaker, definitely easier to handle.
Certified...in several regards...