SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hei Andrews,

If you have the catalog at home I would like to know if you have seen the 37 or the 41.

Regards

Paulo
Paulo,
It was the 41. To me it didn't offer a great deal more than the Hanse. Maybe it was just that I expected more. I must admit though that for the money the Salona's look the goods though for mine I'd rather go for something a bit more up market and a few years old.

I fully appreciate that I lose out in performance and some of the more modern bits and pieces.

I was watching a new Beneteau out on Sydney Harbour last weekend. Must say they are an impressive boat to look at and a good turn of speed. I don't know if it was the 41 (are they likely to be in Oz yet ?) but going on what I saw at the boat show and looking at your post I can't say I think much of the interior. I'd rather less open space in the fore cabin and bring the v-berth further aft, while I still want a purpose built chart table and seat. I know they are not really used for navigation any more but I like the desk with a comfortable seat. The more I see of them the less impressed I am with any of the modern crop of Ikea interiors.

Gieffe 60 - now that is impressive.

Essence is just plain silly. I don't get that at all. To me the sailing boat equivalent of those gawd awful ****'n'balls stink boats.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook