Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: S. Wi.
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I replaced the wood that the deck/hull joint uses with mahogany. My chain plates also fell off, I glassed new ones in. I changed the layout a bit, a v-berth with storage under it. about 24" of compartment/shelves aft of that, then 2 quarter berths. I compartmented off the rear lazerette from the rest of the cabin. I glassed in 1/2" ply on both sides of the centerboard trunk, I wanted it to be stronger in case of a knockdown (glad I did!). New SS keel bolt, put Bomar hatch in the front of the cabintop for flow through ventilation. I had NO through hulls.
I have pics... I'll dig them up and scan them (35mm).
When I put the hull/deck back I also used 3M 5200 between the joint. When I had everything back together, it was one stiff boat!!!
Make sure you put some temporary braces across the hull to hold it in the same shape/width as when it came off from the cabintop!!!! You want them to fit very well when they go back together!!!
Last edited by lat42north; 09-07-2011 at 12:54 AM.