SailNet Community - View Single Post - LA/MS barrier island sailing
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011

SailorWade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorWade Send a message via Skype™ to SailorWade
Kpgraci, have you done your trip yet? You should be able to set yourself up to hop out the Rigolets and hit Cat Island on an easy day trip. I don't know what the draft on your boat is, but I'm guessing it's less than the 4.5 feet I draw. I've anchored up on the south side, but there is also a spot on the north side towards the east end to anchor. So fortunately you have two options based on wind conditions. If you want to go to Ship Island and check out the fort you can anchor on the north side. Horn Island is just past that if you still feel like sailing farther.

If you haven't done that trip yet, holler at me. I have 45 days vacation coming up from late September until the end of October. I plan on doing a bunch of sailing during that time so I'll be out there bouncing around the Mississippi Islands.

Boasun - I've been through Intercoastal City by way of Freshwater City. I broke a belt on my alternator while cutting across the Gulf from Galveston to Tiger Pass. There's definitely nothing back in there!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook