The Hinckley SW61
has been the subject of an ongoing debate among my buddies on what is their idea of the perfect cruising vessel. I'm not going down that road with this thread but I did have some questions regarding similarly designed boats.
1) A pilothouse with no wheel. The nav station, 360 degree views, and a raised saloon are awesome but why is there no way to steer the ship away from the elements (except via autopilot)?
2) There seems to be a lot of lost bilge space in the aft of the boat underneath the cockpit and pilothouse versus a center cockpit designed boat
3) Visibility while at the helm over the pilothouse
4) Would putting a windvane on a Hinckley be akin to defacing a national monument?
5) Why are the two headsails on this cutter so far apart?
Thanks for helping put this argument to rest.