SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does the MacGregor 26s have the same bad rap as the 26m?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011

anthemj24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlocked in Ohio View Post
Man, I'm struggling to find a 20-30 with a trailer in Ohio. I did just find a Hunter 25, and Hunter 22. Maybe try to look at those next week.
I don't know anything about those boats, so I could not help you there. If you are looking at a trailer sailor though, you can expand your zone a bit, and include neighboring states, or further if it is a good deal. I would suggest you decide what sailing characteristics are important, and then put together a short list of boats that meet that criteria. Once you have your list, start searching sailingtexas.com, craigslist, and any place else with sailboat ads to look for a boat that is both in excellent condition and on your list. If it is in excellent condition, it will be worth the trip to pick it up from wherever it is. BTW. you can use google to do global searches on boats for you searching on

site:craigslist.org "Catalina 22"
or
site:craigslist.org "Holder 20"

If you are looking as large as a Hunter 25, the Catalina 25 is not bad either. Both those boats are heavier though, and you will need a beefier tow vehicle.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook