SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Profile on Watch Hill

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  christyleigh 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Thanks! Great article. Does a pretty good job of describing why Watch Hill is one of my favorite places on the southern New England coast. Spent 3 days there this summer on the hook behind Napatree Point. The easy access to town, great beaches, and good anchorage makes this a winner. I am always surprised at how many cruisers bypass it. I guess they are scared off by the long narrow channel from Stonington to get in.

#3 ·
I am always surprised at how many cruisers bypass it. I guess they are scared off by the long narrow channel from Stonington to get in.
I'm not "scared off" but coming from the northeast I waste a full hour from the lighthouse making the big U-turn to get inside. I have a friend up the river a bit so I usually go there once a year but it's a royal pain dodging the yahoo's in the big power boats zipping up that little channel. Totally agree it's a great place but if you are coming from the NE don't forget to add an extra hour to your travel time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.