SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are your favorite iPhone/iPad sailing apps?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingLazy View Post
@Minnewaska - what waterproof case are you using for your iPad. All I've found are essentially large ziploc bags. I'd really like a hard case for it.
I will have to check on the make, but it would be classified as a large ziplock bag. Paid about $20. It has two zip locks, which you fold over under a velcro enclosure. It nearly exactly fits the Ipad and swiping through the thick clear plastic is a non-issue. If there were a hard case, you would still need to be able to manipulate the screen, so that may be the reason we haven't seen one.

I was looking for a hard case too and settled for this. However, it was an unjustified bias. The zip lock works great.

While I removed it, there is also a neck lanyard with it and assume the bag would still fit in a RAM holder if you wanted to mount it. However, I haven't tried. I sort of doubt you would be able to easily mount a hard case. However, ours just lives on top of or inside our cockpit table when underway. Finally, I've simply used the bag to transport the Ipad to shore in the dink just in the event it was dropped in the water, then take it out once I'm having a cup of coffee near a wifi spot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook