SailNet Community - View Single Post - MacGregor 22 vs. Catalina 22
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
SD - did you know this thread is 5 years old? (Couldn't resist that )
And I'm reading it more than five years later than that, and finding it helpful.

When someone describes their experience with a boat, the real life experience remains valid and helpful virtually forever. Writing in a forum should be looked at as writing in an encyclopedia. The original poster becomes irrelevant.

If you wish to imagine you are only addressing the OP instead of the cyber universe for all time, then I believe you should only send private messages back and forth.

This is one of the most helpful sites I've found, filled with courteous, intelligent, insightful and highly experienced writers. I joined when I realized that time after time I ended up here when searching. I found that I began to choose this site first, because the info was superior.

I'm surprised however at how many "date Police" are playing "gotcha". I think when forums were new people didn't realize how a search would turn up every word written.

I think it's time to stop discouraging people from adding to older threads, it's actually helpful when they do to keep the knowledge organized instead of scattered all over. Disorganized libraries are almost useless.

That's my 3 cents - inflation.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook