SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dead Souls in SN
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011

Thestar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Thestar
Bald guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebD View Post
I am the originator/owner of a Yahoo group devoted to the Tartan 27 sailboat. We had to make membership conditional upon prospective members typing something significant as to why they wanted to join in order to eliminate spammers/bots joining if the membership was left open. Most of the spammers were Biker Chicks seeking bald boat owning guys. I still wonder what was so wrong with all of that except that I still have most of my hair.
My own boat website (unadvertised here for a reason) still gets spam from spambots on a regular basis. Not a big deal to clean up under word press but it as a testament to the spammers/dickheads tenacity who initiate such fraud.
Sometimes people only join to ask one single question and forget about this place as well.
Active members. Gee, I guess I am getting old...

The sky is definitely falling.

Chicken Little

I am UP for shaving my head... you still got the girls

People do the strangest things spam does seem to be a lot less now i hardly get any apart from the shops that take details when you buy an item like a laptop and they want your postcode, house number,email etc guess it has become business spam for me anyway...