Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Sequence of events goes like this:
1. Ask questions of broker about condition of boat.
2. Make offer based on that information.
3. If accepted, inspect the boat yourself (there is a good thread on that here).
4. If you still like it, then you do a sea trial.
5. If you still like it, then you have the boat hauled and surveyed.
The thread referred to is the 'Boat Buying Trip Tips' by Sailingdog in the Boat Buying Forum here on Sailnet. Print it out and take it with you when you travel to see the boat.
Remember, boats grow on trees. If this one gets away or it's just not the one for you, don't worry. There will be another one soon. Good luck!
Sailing isn't a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!