SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying First Boat Advice Needed On Offer Process
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
can someone comment on how surveyor's fees are structured? Is is a flat rate based on boat size, or a percentage of surveyed value? Or something else.

I'm also considering an upgrade to a boat in the 9k range, and in this economy plan on offering around 5k. Boat is a mid-80s Cal24, so prone to age issues. I don't want to pay more for a survey than the boat, but don't want to blow 5k on an irreparable problem, either. I don't mean to hijak, but thought these tied in to the OP's question.
thanks
$/foot

See Marine Surveyors - What is a Marine Survey and why should you get one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook