SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising: Jedidiah Island
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
Well Jedediah was every bit worth the cruise south. Been here before but always just passing through. We decided to hit the Texada Boat Club in Van Anda the first night. In the morning we got a nice push down the east side of Texada and around the bottom with a nice beam reach across to Bull Passage.

This is a wonderful part of the west coast to say the least and quite different than only a stones throw north. These islands are quite wind swept judging by the tree fall and I can only imagine the winters here.

This is the old homestead in Home Bay, we hiked here from Deep Bay.

The wild sheep on Jedediah Island. These guys are all over the place, I wonder where they get water, never did figure that out.

Wild goats behind my boat...Stern tied in Deep Bay. We hiked through the bush looking for these beasts catching obscured sights here and there but to our surprise, when we sat in the cockpit later on for drinks they show up clear as a bell.

Lasqueti Island Government Dock looking down from the bar. We had good intentions to hike across the island but never made it much past the bar short of a quick hike up the road a bit. We anchored just around the point to the North and paddled here. Nice place and very interesting people.

Help yourself and pay what they ask...roadside cookie shack with a french twist. Honesty is the best policy on Lasqueti Island just up from the False Bay Government Dock.

As far as I can tell, most people don't have plates on the vehicles here. I've noticed that on many islands.

And jury-rig fenders are OK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook