SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hi from Singapore
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011

DeBattista is on a distinguished road
Hi from Singapore

Hi there. I am a Canadian who has lived out of his country for more than twenty odd years and now find myself in Singapore. We ( family of 5 and a dog ) are looking for a change and are considering a live aboard as an option. So I have been exploring for the last few months all the different Marinas' and clubs in my area and also online so I can preen out as much information as possible before deciding to take the plunge in the next eighteen months or so. Any help from members who have families and are interested in passing along information to me would be great. We will be here in Singapore for a few years I suspect and after that I do not know, but while we are here I am wanting to start getting the kids into sailing, and get my wife and I to get some certs behind us, and of course some experience. Though I don't want to run into any of this blindly I think that some times it is better to forge forward with your dream and deal with your problems head on other wise you over think everything and you rarely decide to take that first step. So, this is us, we are in our late forties, kids are 11/9/6 and all adventurers at heart.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook