SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising: Jedidiah Island
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011
Hmmm

Bilgewater is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I still reckon you guys are photoshopping those pics ...

Gobsmackingly beautiful. I love (albeit through gritted teeth ) to look at pics of the PNW.

Hey, someone mentioned oysters. What kind of oysters ? Rock or bottom dwellers, small or large ?
Thanks your furryness, Hope I'm not drifting off Faster's thread...but since you asked, they're large oysters here generally with new shell growth rings, so very healthy. They're rock dwellers to be pried off at low tide. Most people will tell you small is better but this is not true at all, although the winter and spring months produce better/firmer oysters. We go for the largest ones and doctor them with a special BBQ recipe.

These are my BBQ oysters with special old cheese melted on top and some other special ingredients.

This is a good oyster beach...completely white with oysters.

I fed these to someone last year and he told me many months later that this is likely the best food he has ever eaten in his life...could be an exaggeration but he seemed to be sincere.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Impulse III
Truant Pilothouse
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook