SailNet Community - View Single Post - towing a dinghy, Painter size?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
I use a 3/8 poly line, just because I found it on sale, lol. I'd imagine that 5/16 will be plenty more than you need (same way I think). Put a loop in one end and the line can serve as the dinghy's anchor line as well (always like to have more than one use for everything). Those mushroom anchors ride the best. I store the outboard on the rail too, as mentioned above. Don't forget, in some states, at least down here, the dinghy has to be registered if you're going to use any type of propulsion, other than the oars. Local officers will seek out the dings and pull them over. Same rules apply to the little boat that applies to the big one (lighting, anchor, throw cushion, pfd's, etc.). I've had plenty of friends find this out the hard way.
thank you....We will be rowing on this trip...we'll see how it goes. I have been thinking of an electric trolling motor...trying to stay away from gas if possible. just trying to figure a good way to charge battery other than the engine on the main boat. baby steps for us
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook