SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working while living aboard
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
I'm not living aboard, so I'm talking completely out of my arse here, but it seems to me that if you have a conventional "job" that you commute to every day, the biggest hassle may be that you have to maintain two separate wardrobes: One casual, and one professional. Additional clothing and footware can take up a lot of valuable room.

Otherwise as i2f says, how is it any different than driving to work from your shore-based home?

I only participated in this thread because it's something that I'm also considering. I had started a separate thread inquiring as to whether or not many marinas offered a small, shoreside storage unit to liveaboards. It was my intention to obtain a small storage unit for things such as heavy tools and different wardrobes (seasonal, professional, casual, etc). I don't want a dock condo, I want my boat to be sea-ready at all times so that means not junking it up with a ton of tools that would otherwise be very handy for long-term boat maintenance or a bunch of extraneous clothing that is required to make a living, but not for sailing.

Savvy?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook