SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trailer Sailor/Lake Sailor
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011

Allen-deckard is on a distinguished road
I decided on a boat and want to thank everyone for there input.

In the end I found a very nice well kept and equiped catalina 22.

One of the things that leaned me in the direction of the catalina 22 is the number of them out there and the number of manufactures out there that make parts aftermarket specifically for the catalina 22 and the amount of website forum support for that specific boat.

Yes I know very well that there are better sailoring boats there are much better made boats and the catalina 22 fits sort of in the middle somewhere. But for my first sailboat I really like all the info and support that I have out there helping me get things going.

Who knows what my next boat will be where I'll be putting it what size it will be or where my life will be taking me but for a first boat I just couldnt get past all the support that I found for the catalina 22 simply due to the shear number of them that exist.

Again thanks everyone for the suggestions some of them were right up there and an oday 24 was way close to being in my boat slip and I think it was a better boat but the deal went threw but in the end I'm kind of glad it did as I'm really happy with the boat I got.

Add to that the seller came down to my lake helped me set it up first time sailed around with me showing me how everything works for the afternoon and was all around a great guy and the price was low enough I'm pretty sure without much doubt that I could turn right around and sell it for a profit (which I have no intention of doing)

Anyway have been sailing nearly everyday for the last month give or take and havin a ball.

Thanks all and happy sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook