SailNet Community - View Single Post - Battery Fuse Sizing - How, What...?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by josrulz View Post
Do you mind me asking--where did you put the POS bus? Is it opposite? That looks like a tight spot on our boat.
Water heater compartment works well.. Just drill the wires through the bulkhead.

Quote:
I'm thinking of putting the MRBF fuses on the bus bar, only because the clearance above the batteries is tight. They appear to fit, but they are very close.
With some batts they will clear but with most they won't. The buss bar is fine joust route the POS into the water heater compartment.

Quote:

Second, the POS studs on my batteries are 5/16, not 3/8. Is this going to be an issue with the MRBFs since they're made to mount on 3/8 studs?
Thanks!
-J
Many are and Blue Seas does not make a 5/16" MRBF, been round and round with their engineering department on this.

Blue Seas says it is perfectly safe and "acceptable" if your post has a wide enough base to use a 3/8" on a 5/16" stud.. Personally I would rather see a 5/16" MRBF but they simply don't exist..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook