SailNet Community - View Single Post - Recommended Reading
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011

Alep is on a distinguished road
Swept by Torre Deroche - This books is just out - One of the best and funniest sailing books I've ever read - Check out some of the reviews at amazon

Amazon.com: Swept: Love with a Chance of Drowning eBook: Torre DeRoche: Kindle Store

"... a hang onto your seat, laugh out loud, emotional roller-coaster across the Pacific Ocean. Torre is an example to every human who's ever had a dream, showing us time and again that adventures can be had (and enjoyed) by even the most fearful of adventurers." --Danny Bent, Author of You've gone too far this time, Sir!

"An armchair voyage [with] all the perfect ingredients for a sweet love story, above and beyond the adventure of it all." --Tania Aebi, Author of Maiden Voyage and the First American Woman and Youngest Person to Sail Around the World Alone

"A book I wish I had published ... a story of finding courage when your gut clenches and all you want to do is go home." --Normandie Ward Fischer, Executive Editor at Wayside Press

"... a vivid and accurate picture of what life is really like for a reluctant sailor on a big ocean in a small boat ... I found myself laughing out loud as often as I was turning the page to find out what happens next." --Nick O'Kelly, Author of Get Her On Board: Secrets to Sharing the Cruising Dream

"I can't recall ever reading such an honest account of cruising. You showed the 'flaws' in thinking that led to various levels of catastrophe and/or injury, and that can't be easy." --Nancy McKeown, Sailor, S/V Shanachie

Highly recommend it. Alep
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook