SailNet Community - View Single Post - Project Boat...
Thread: Project Boat...
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkroh View Post
Richard,
my son is starting an "Almara" Facebook page.
she has the Atomic 4 engine which after some work and a little jb weld runs awsome
thanks
joe
I'm glad you stuck with it. Sure project boats are going to cost more than you originally paid for it. But it isn't always about the money. Sometimes it is about sharing time with someone or working through your own demons as you work on the boat. In my case it was about learning how to fix things on a boat and to push my personal DIY limits.

My first boat was a project boat that my father helped me work on. The boat itself wasn't a classic or anything special, but shortly after we launched my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and died three months later. The memories alone were worth the time and money that I put into the boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook