SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbie cruising family looking to hook up with cruising families in BVI
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006

hsilvermanmdjd is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hsilvermanmdjd
Newbie cruising family looking to hook up with cruising families in BVI

Although we are experienced New England cruisers, wife and I and have never ventured beyond our local waters (Newport, Nantucket, Martha's Vinyard, Block Island). We've done 2-3 weeks at a time but never 2-3 months (as is our plan for this winter). Our boat (a Jeanneau 54 DS) will be professionally repositioned to the BVI by Thanksgiving (so that we can make a week's visit) and after a short return for a white Christmas in New England, we will be back on board by Jan 1 for extended cruising (at least "extended" by our standards.)

We would love to hook up with families with children. Experienced BVI cruisers would be great or newbies like ouselves to share the mistakes. Either way, always better to be with other folks. Our children are Jake 10 and Joely 8. I am a physician, attorney (don't hold that against me), software engineer (I know, over-achiever) and my wife a medical tech. We like to explore, cook, scuba dive, play cards, bingo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crew.jpg (54.6 KB, 118 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook