SailNet Community - View Single Post - Differences between bottom paints
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011

DrB will become famous soon enough
Disagree

Quote:
Both the Interlux web site and product spec sheet indicate that Micron 66 is formulated for professional application.
I haven't look at Interlux's Website for Micron 66, but I have applied it 3X on my boat with simple roller for large area and a brush for the nook and cranny areas. I have also purchased at many do-it-yourself boat supply stores. Why would they sell it to the general public if you need to be "professional" to apply it? I have no idea why Interlux states that it is a "professional" paint.

Quote:
Perhaps. But in regions of moderate-to-high fouling, Micron 66 (or any paint) will foul to the point of requiring cleaning, regardless of frequency of use.
Agreee, but the OP said he was north of Puget Sound, so cold water which typically results in low fouling. Nevertheless, more frequent use of one's boat will result in a "cleaner" bottom compared to a non-frequently used one, and therefore less frequent haul or in the water clean.