SailNet Community - View Single Post - Motoring to sailing ratio vs performance.......
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Two things that I forgot to mention, the first is that Bruce has two teenage daughters, one of which has gotten into a Junior sailing program and into racing, but even so, the decision to motor on Saturday may have been influenced by the 'teenage boredom factor' faced with a long down wind leg that initially appeared to be moderately light air.

I also forgot to mention that they got started back early on Sunday, as Bruce put it, they were trying to beat the prediced bad weather. Bruce motored by while I was eating breakfast and we exchanged pleasantries. I left about an hour or so later, and near the end of the sail saw Bruce and family motoring up ahead.

Catamount, you and I had almost this conversation when you were buying your boat, and I think we are bascially on the same page with our view on performance and amount of time voyaging under sail.

I did not realize that you are sailing out of Booth Bay Harbor. That is where Synergy was when I bought her and brought her back to Mill Creek so its funny that you took Catmount from Mill Creek to Booth Bay. Have to keep that boat count equal, don't we?

Regards,
Jeff
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook