SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS27 Holding & Water Tank Replacement
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011
1977 CS27 ~ Ravat

cghubbell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpardi View Post
I too have a Kracor retention system type holding tank on my 1972 Irwin 32. Since Iam in the great lakes I will not be pumping overboard, but couldn't abide the recirculation type flush. I plugged the 3/4" recirculation fitting on tank and teed off the sink drain thru hull to the head pump thru an anti-siphon loop. I am much happier and there is no reason to repace the tank. My holding tank is a respectable 16 gallon capcity and doesn't leak.

Kracor holding tanks are still available: check out their marine catalog-http://www.kracor.com/support/holdingtanks.pdf
Hope this helps,
Vince
Yes, Kracor is still making tanks, but not the model that is in my boat. I was trying to avoid having to build a new support system which a different tank size/shape would require. I've decided to wait to tackle this project until the boat is hauled in a few weeks. I've been spending the time sailing rather than working (very happily, I might add!).
CS27 #1254 ~ Ravat
PYC, Lake Ontario

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook