SailNet Community - View Single Post - small boat or big{bigger boat}?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011

dinosdad is on a distinguished road
small boat or big{bigger boat}?

long time lurker, looking for some advice. I'm looking for a first sailboat
{have taken basic keelboat and some private lessons and am very much a bottom rung rookie}. I'm looking at a bristol 22 , a ericson 27, and pearson 26. not only will this boat be a learning tool but will also see duty as a water cottage on which to simply spend time at the shore. the boat will be on the connecticut shoreline and wish to have a boat that as my capabilities expand
I would like to sail newport, marthas vinyard, and cape cod. my thoughts are that the bristol 22 would serve me well but, am not sure if it would be a good choice for extended sailing, and with the market for boats as soft as it is I worry about trying to sell at a later date to move upwards. the ericson has more space to enjoy the "cottage weekends" but wonder about getting comfortable with that large of a boat. the pearson makes my short list due to the volume of them to choose from. I know there are others out there, but these are the ones I've found locally that are in good shape at entry level pricing. thanks in advance for any advice, scott
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook