The only way to win this one is to become a super zealous safety nut.
1) keep the cabin hatch closed and bin boards in while sailing.
2) PFDs and EPRBs even while sitting at dock
3) keep the VHF set to weather during the entire trip, make sure squelch s set just a trifle too high
4) Obsess about keeping a lookout and analyze every cloud
5) Practice MOB drills endlessly
6) review in boring detail Pan Pan and MayDay procedures
7) practice many times dousing the sails and tieing down everything in event of squall
She will soon be lecturing you about taking it easy