SailNet Community - View Single Post - Questions for potential first time charter (Safety and Boat Size)
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011

Tempest is on a distinguished road
Sleeping is pretty comfortable. Each cabin usually has opening ports. In January, when I've chartered the evenings can get cool..with a nice breeze. I always like the bow berth for a couple of reasons..better air...you tend to hear the hulls slapping more at the stern...and then there's the dinghy slapping around.

Make sure you use the bridle when you pick up the mooring, it will let the boat sit properly etc. The Captain should know how to rig it. grab the mooring lines 1st and get them attached..then you can take your time and rig the bridle and snubber.

I have fallen asleep topside on the trampoline on a warm night..it's very comfortable..but more often than not, it gets pretty cool in the evenings. I'll wake up and jump through the hatch..to the berth..

Motion-eze tends to help folks that get queezy on my boat..after we leave..it's ginger oil. small bottle..

As far as routes...there's lots of threads here on suggested routes...

We normally go counter clockwise...

1st day...the baths..for lunch, then on to the Bitter End and Gorda Sound for the night.

Anagada..could be a 2nd day,

Cane Garden Bay

Jost Van Dyke,

Sophers Hole for lunch, water, fuel.. then Norman island...the Caves...or the indians...then into the mooring field..

I think we've added Cooper island..

Lots of ways to do this...these are some of the must sees for the 1st time..imo.
( Cane Garden Bay can be rolly..in a swell) the captain will know.

Have an awesome trip...!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook