SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
As of this morning at 8a:

Back Creek: 2 balls still open. Anchoring boats are building up. Transients coming into marinas and the entertainment value is high.

Spa Creek: Main field has about 10 balls open. South anchorage has 15 boats anchored. 3 boats off the Academy wall. Note: Some enforcement of federal no anchoring zone exists. I have not heard of anyone being asked to move, but Annapolis Harbormaster will no longer provide pump-out services to boats directly off the wall in the federal zone unless they can show mandated approval to anchor from the Naval Academy Superintendent. I don't know what the Watermark water taxi policy is, but it might be well to call and ask.

I'll check St Mary's Cove later today. I have a client on a ball by Truxton Park and will ask him what the upstream balls look like.

Opinion: If you come in any time next week don't bother heading up the creeks. Anchor in the South Anchorage and deal with dinghies or water taxis. Bring lots of ones for the taxi.

Now thats a report!!!! Thanks so much! If my wife could get off the full day on Thursday, I might just go for it. Being unfamiliar as I am with Annapolis as far as the water goes I guess I'll wimp out and drive down. Both of us have off from Friday onwards, we'll just go sailing then.

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook