SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Wauquiez centurion 40s2

That's a big surprise at least for me: Wauquiez is producing again the old Centurion 40, that was out of production for several years, with a slight remake:
Same hull, same superstructure, different transom, two wheels, different interior and big port hulls.

It seems to me that Wauquiez is passing for a bad time and I don't think this is a good idea. the boat has a great interior. It had already a good one in the old model and the big port hull and a more modern approach makes it even better.

Wauquiez - Prsentation du Centurion 40 S2

But even if the "old" Centurion 40 was a great sailing boat and this new interior seems great I don't think it is enough to beat the competition. The boat still look a Centurion 40 and that boat looked already a bit "old" when it went out of production some years back, now it really look old fashioned, not in a positive classic kind of way and to put things even worse the boat is expensive: 249000€ without tax.

They say that the old Centurion owners wanted a new centurion and that is bad because it means they didn't identify themselves with the Opium 39. The Centurion is much more heavier than the Opium (8600kg for 5000Kg), is certainly slower and a very different type of boat.

Funny thing is that they don't say nothing on the Wauquiez site about this "new" boat but they are to presenting it at the Genova boat show

Last edited by PCP; 10-05-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook