SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC 37 Solar array solutions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011
Redwood Coast, CA.

fishtrip is on a distinguished road
Solar set-up on Cloud Messenger part 1

Grant,
Here are some pictures and hopefully a decent explanation of what you're looking at.
1) pic is an overview of the entire system, hopefully this will allow you to orient the pics to follow.
2) is to show you the attachment points of the "bows". They are the two vertical pieces of pipe and are parallel with the radar pole. The forward bow is attached to the frame of the bimini, the aft bow is attached to the stern rail. Notice the two bracing pieces of pipe too. the forward one stiffens the bimini and the aft brace stiffens the aft bow. Both the port and starboard sides are the same.
3) the radius of the bend
4)Height above the bimini to bottom of horizontal pipe is approx. 6" at center, but because my bimini has a crown to it in the center it is approx 12" measured from the outboard edges of the fabric to the bottom of the pipe. The most important thing is to make sure you make it high enough so you can lay your bimini frame back if you want to, or in your case when you leave the boat. I assume you take the canvas down???
5) good pic of all attachments at the rail. The brace with the rod holder is the one that connects to the stern bow and helps TONS to quiet the squeaking that we encountered before we installed them.
I've reached the limit to the attachments I can send so stand by and I'll send some pics of the attachment points that hold the bows together and attachment points for the panels themselves.

David Schachter
Cloud Messenger
PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA.
currently in Oriental NC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG1816.jpg (54.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1817.jpg (62.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1818.jpg (37.4 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1819.jpg (42.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG1822.jpg (59.2 KB, 111 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook