SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

What do you think about starting a Pacific Seacraft Owner's Association?

16K views 69 replies 36 participants last post by  eagle79 
#1 ·
My wife and I finished up a three week cruise in Maine, and we saw many Pacific Seacrafts during the cruise... we had some great conversations with their owners. The last week of our cruise we spent with the Cape Dory Owner's Association NE Fleet... which was a lot of fun... so now I'm wondering about a Pacific Seacraft Owners Association...

What do all of you think?

Bob

#34 ·
Steve... can you send me a PM with your detailed contact information (described a couple of posts up).

Also if any of you are hesitating because you don't want your home address or email on this contact spreadsheet I'm creating... that's fine. Just give me your vessel name, sailnet id, and home port and we'll add you to the list anyway.

Thanks!

Bob

#39 · (Edited)
Bob,

Boat name: Shango
Boat model: PS 40
Hull#: 2
Date of manufacture: 1996
Boat port: Boston, MA
Owner's name(s): Roger Block and Amy Jordan
Owner's home address: 56 Purchase St., Newburyport, MA
Owner's email address: rtblock1@gmail.com

What is a PM?

Roger Block
Shango PS 40
Roger -

'PM' is a private message - like an in-forum email between persons. By using the messaging function, you avoid putting your info on the 'public' boards - for all the world to see...

Click on the person's name in the post to which you want to message and you'll see a menu with options, including 'Send a Private Message.'

I suggest you might edit your post and get the info to Bob via messaging! :)

Bob - PM on its way!

#42 ·
PSC Owners Group

Hi Bob.. We would like to join the PSC group you are getting together. Since we are brand new owners of a PSC37 yawl, we are looking forward to sharing ideas & knowledge etc with others...
The boat is on the hard in S. Bristol, ME & we live in AZ so guess we will be in ME next summer.

SailNet won't let me PM as a new member so here is the info:

Boat name: Cilantro
Boat model: 37 yawl
Hull#: 334
Date of manufacture: 1998
Boat port: Westerly, RI
Owner's name(s): Curtis Smith
Owner's home address: PO Box 305 Tumacacori, AZ 85640
Owner's email address realarizona@gmail.com

Thanks for all your efforts in this.

Curtis

#43 ·
Keep the contact information coming!

I just sent out the first Pacific Seacraft Owners Association newsletter. The letter includes a spreadsheet which lists the boat name, boat owner, boat model, hailing port, and email (or sailnet id) of owners who have given me contact information.

Giving me that email address helps because I can use a mail merge program to get you the newsletter.

#44 · (Edited)
Pacific Seacraft Owners' Association

Hi, Bob:

Thank you for your superlative efforts in this endeavor.

We would like to join the PSC owners group that you are forming. We are "serial collectors" of Pacific Seacrafts, including two Dana 24s, a 1992 Crealock 34, and a 1995 Crealock 37, and we would love to participate in sharing information and experiences with others.

Boat name: Ruby
Boat model: Dana 24
Hull#: 101 [last boat built in Costa Mesa]
Date of manufacture: 1989
Boat port: Orcas Island, WA
Owner's name(s): Tim & Melisse Cronin
Owner's email address psc24Ruby@gmail.com

Ruby is currently berthed at the Oakland Yacht Club, 1101 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501

If you have any comments or inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

The Cruisin' Cronins
Melisse & Tim Cronin
s/v Ruby
Pacific Seacraft
Dana 24 No. 101

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /) ~~~~~~

"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they may act their dream with open eyes and make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence

#45 ·
Hi Bob,
Please add us to your list:

Boat name: Eowyn
Boat model: Crealock 37
Hull#:151
Date of manufacture:1983
Boat port: Santa Cruz, CA. Berthed at: Grand Marina, Alameda,CA
Owner's name(s): Nancy & Dave Dias
Owner's email address: davemdias(at)gmail.com

Thanks for putting this together,
Dave

#46 ·
Hi Bob, thanks for the initiative!
Odessa is landlocked for now on lake Lanier, GA but we hope to relocate her (and ourselves) to the coast in a year or so. Meantime we would like to sign in on here with the community-in-the-making. Btw, I haven't noticed if it was mentioned on this thread that one can also find a good number of PS boats/owners on the Seven Seas Cruising Association site.

Boat name: Odessa
Boat model: Crealock37
Hull#:193
Date of manufacture:1988
Boat port: Aqualand Marina, lake Lanier, GA
Owner's name(s): Vladimir & Natalya Yampolsky
Owner's email address: vy1013@yahoo.com

Best regards,

Vlad

#51 ·
Great year, you're right, I would add a blisterless one:) I was looking for PS34 when came across mine six years back. No regrets of course. I would suggest we start a forum where different PS owners would invite each other for a weekend of sailing on their respective bodies of water. Could be fun. Any thoughts?

#57 ·
Most summers, the Seattle Seacraft Brokerage organizes a Pacific Seacraft rendezvous here in the Northwest. I've only owned our PSC37 for 1 year and 3/4 and haven't been able to make one yet, but I really want to. I agree that face time is important. I want to see how others have things rigged and outfitted. I want to hear people's stories.

Other than that, there is another forum site: Pacific Seacraft Owners Website

The SailNet site works very well, too.

#63 · (Edited)
Bob:

First of all, you deserve kudos for your initiative in getting the ball rolling on the formation of an association for owners of Pacific Seacraft vessels, and all the effort that you have individually put into its creation.

With regard to running down all of the PSC owners, please keep in mind that all of the Flickas and PSC 25s, as well as a lot of the Dana's (design LOA 27'3'') are not capable of being documented due to regulatory requirements, i.e., 27' OAL and 4 tons weight minimum displacement; they may constitute an "invisible" class of prospective members. Moreover, there are more than a few PSC owners in Europe, particularly the UK, not to mention those in who are out there actually cruising.

Our suggestion is that someone (we would be happy to volunteer to do so) draft a brief paragraph as a press release for submission to magazines/periodicals such as Latitudes & Attitudes, Good Old Boat, Cruising World, Ocean Navigator, Spinsheet (Chesapeake Bay), Latitude 38 (San Francisco Bay/Northern Calif), The Log (Southern California), and 48 North (Seattle/Pacific North West), as well as the Seven Seas Cruising Association, to inform readers that a PSC Owners' Association is being formed in the United States.

Additionally, it is suggested that if we can get enough participating members, that Steve and Reid Brodie be petitioned for recognition of the Association by the factory and that we request that a link to the Association's forum be placed on their website, as well as the web sites of their dealers.

Given that membership will be nationwide, it may also be advisable to create regions - perhaps Northeast, Tidewater/Chesapeake, Southeast, Gulf Coast, Great Lakes, Pacific Northwest, and Pacific Coast - to facilitate social interaction and information such as a period rendezvous.

If the PSC Association can gain traction, it would be a valuable asset that may be able to ultimately support a vibrant community that provides the following in addition to a discussion Forum:

• Photo Gallery;
• Member Directory / Map;
• PSC Model Info and Comparisons of the specifications for all PSC models;
• PDF File Downloads of brochures and past advertisements; and,
• Calendar of upcoming events such as boat shows, PSC owner Rendezvous, etc.

Once again, Bob, thanks for all you efforts.

The Cruisin' Cronins
Melisse & Tim Cronin
s/v Ruby
Pacific Seacraft
Dana 24 No. 101

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /) ~~~~~~~~

"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, for they may act their dream with open eyes and make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence

#64 ·
These sound like wonderful ideas. I've been struggling with how to take the next step... we have 51 people who have indicated interest in the PSOA. Which is great. So now I have a spreadsheet of the people who have indicated interest. That's not an owner's association... that's a spreadsheet :)

The advice I've gotten from my friends at the CDSOA is that it would make sense next to form a board with a few people who have indicated strong interest in the PSOA and who are willing to put in some time to help get this off the ground. Can you give me a call so we can chat... I've spoken to a few other people and we're getting closer to forming the board.

I'm going to send you a PM with my phone number.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.