SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011

PCP will become famous soon enough
Pogo 50

Update on the Pogo 50:

Some notes by its designers (Finit/Conq):

Like its siblings in the Pogo range, the Pogo 50 is tailored for fast cruising : it is light, wide, and features a deep (lifting !) draft and generous sail area. Its speed and its seaworthiness put far, far away shores within reach ! Its shallow draft, once the keel is up, allows access to all little paradisiac coves. Its lean deck plan and large cockpit make it the ideal boat at the mooring.

Its interiors, like the other yachts from the Structures shipyard, remain simple and light. They are functionnal and usable at sea. Furthermore, they are adapted to the standing expected from a yacht of that size.

That last sentence means that the interiors of the Pogo 50 will be a lot better than the ones of the Pogo 12.50. And the drawings confirm that. The boat even has doors on the cabins Seriously, the interiors look a lot better than on the smaller boats. Let's see how they will look on the real photos.

The technical characteristics of this boat are quite impressive:

LOA 15.25m
Beam 5.16m
Draft 3.50m / 1.50m lifting
Displacement 8.5t
Upwind sail area 165m2
Downwind sail area 280m2
Materials Glass - Polyester - SAN foam

How, 165m2 for 8.5T!!!! this cruiser is going to be a rocket but I guess it would also be a handful to tame with all that sail. Certainly not for a beginner and I would say that for sailing it solo you would need to be a very good sailor...but this one makes me dream...a Pogo with a decent interior
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook