SailNet Community - View Single Post - Novice at sailing and first time buyer.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011
Both ends are pointy.

junkrig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhevi View Post
Thanks all
The main reason that I am thinking to buy a boat now and do nothing with it , but pay for storage till next season, is that i am guessing that now is the time that I can get a good deal.
I don't know if at the end the total (boat cost+ storage) will be greater then th cost of the boat if I was to wait till spring to buy one.
If I wait till spring then it will not be till like mid summer that I can sail it.

So say for a 27' moderate displacement boat, what would be the least amount oh horse power to be able to sail at hull speed?

I am looking at a 87 hunter 23' that comes with 5 hp outboard and a trailer. What do u think that's worth?
The turn off is that there no toiliet (for lack of a better term) in it and it does look small inside.
My 8,000 lb Nor'Sea has a 10 horse Yanmar in it. 5 would be plenty for the Hunter.

I have no clue what it's worth. for that you'll need to check your local market, your wallet, and your heart. 23 is pretty small inside. Nor'Sea 27 isn't huge, you know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Seablossom Nor'Sea 27 with modern junk rig.
Just because I like it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook