SailNet Community - View Single Post - tips advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011
Huck

smallboatlover is on a distinguished road
tips advice please

So here's whats going on. I'm putting my boat back in the water yes i know it's late in the season but i can't stand not sailing. so i am putting the boat back in the water after iv'e done tons of work to the boat. Also the boat now has a motor on it. So here's the thing i'm going a long distance sailing by myself. i want to do this sail. i want to get the e prience and learn from it. I could just put it in a boat ramp thats closer but this is what i want to do.
The boat is a 16' mistral with main, jib, and now a 3hp motor. so i will be putting the boat in at the dock and then motor away into the channel and then motor out of the basin with the sails raised depending on the wind. and i will sail the 4 hours to the mooring. Bit nervous about doing this but this is something i need to do to over come being nervous and sailing this far.
Also i might be towing a 8' fiberglass dinghy with me to get from the sailboat to the beach when i arrive at the mooring. tips, advice, comments, any thing please.