SailNet Community - View Single Post - tips advice please
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
bring plenty of fuel and plenty of drink...non alcoholic. I used to sail from somerset through the tauton river to and under the sakonnet river bridge. the current gets going pretty good in those waters. be safe and have a great time. i would bring and anchor and a paddle!

it was a 16ft oday daysailor. it took all day. my dad would drop me off at the sommerset boat ramp and pick me up boat ramp at the bottom of that huge hill underneath the sakonnet river bridge.

i also sailed my 19ft sharpie out there in the shallow waters on the other side of the river there....i cannot rememer what that area was called, haven't lived there in 20 yrs. one day i ventured out into the river without a motor in the sharpie and got swept under the bridge out into the bay....i tried rowing that big ole sharpie against the current....no way. i sure wish i had an anchor or engine that day. i was young and stupid, listen to the advice these guys are giving about the radio and pfd and again bring plenty of water and fuel!

Last edited by Cruiser2B; 10-06-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: added info
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook