SailNet Community - View Single Post - Issues with a Garmin 2010c
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011

LinekinBayCD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Ship View Post
After talking to many distributors for Garmin I have discovered that even though it is the blue chart card that is scewed up and not the unit itself , it cannot be fixed because it is obsolete.
Garmin "stuff" is Garmin crap. Instead of calling it Garmin how about calling it Garbage.
So, I am in the market for a new non-Garmin unit. I would like my new unit to have a radar and sounder.
Any thoughts or preferences on chartplotters and why?
I'm all ears.

Instead of talking to distributors why not call Garmin direct? They still have have charts available for this unit though the end of the year:

Garmin: MapSource - BlueChart

I have owned many of the products over a 15-20 year period and found both their products and support to be great. I don't believe that you really need to constantly update electronic charts if you are using them in conjunction with paper charts like you should.

Currently using a Garmin GPSMap 3006c integrated withheir radar. Purchased in 2005, its since been discontinued but software and charts are still available. There is nothing better for confirming your position than having a radar overlay on a chart.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook