SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina 36 vs Hunter Vision 36
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011

dhays is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSoCal View Post
So I looked at two boats today from the same broker, Catalina MKII 36 and a Hunter Vision 36. The Hunter has a free standing mass, and the broker was telling me that the Catalina sails better and is more structurally sound because of the extra support built into the boat. I like the Hunter more for the cabin and other items, is the Catalina really built much better than the Hunter?
I'm not familiar with the Hunter Vision. However, I did own a Catalina 36 named Vision.

I think the Catalina 36 is an excellent boat. It is a real pleasure to sail. The C36 was one of the most successful production keel boats ever produced. I don't recall for certain, but I think they built about 3600 of them before the design was discontinued. The C36 Association is hugely active with very knowledgeable and helpful owners. I'm very biased as I really love that design but if the boat has been maintain properly, it would be a great boat to own.

Dave
S/V Legacy, Catalina 400 MkII, Hull #328
My Blog on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook