SailNet Community - View Single Post - Does anyone have experience or information on Martin 32's?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011

Walker Hooker is on a distinguished road
Hi - a bit late!

I have a 32, however it was not completed by Martin Yachts but was completed from a hull. As such it is somewhat different from the standard and the accomodation is better, or at least it suits me and does not suffer from some the problems noted in this blog. It is fast for its size perhaps due to its generous sail area. Being a narrowish boat it pays to reef down early before the gunwale is in the water. It goes very well with its #3 and a full main It was a very sucessful racing boat and it is a good cruising boat for a couple and a child. With a 23 hp diesel it motors at seven knots in flat water at 1500 rpm burning a little more than a litre an hour.

It is not a blue water boat, displacing 8,000 lbs, there is not a great deal of stowage but it is quite adequate for cruising in BC waters

I have heard it said that 32's are a little cranky (probably carrying to much sail is the foundation for this), but we find her beautifully balanced. My wife enjoys helming her what more can you say!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook