SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew wanted: Panama-Ecuador-Tahiti-Aus
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011

TJC1010101 is an unknown quantity at this point
One thing that this community needs to understand is that crewmembers here in the tropics are a dime a dozen..Generally kids backpacking looking for cheap transportation..I can teach them rather quickly to pull the right ropes in a weekend and most quite good but they don't care about sailing, your boat, or you the Captain..just a generic process for them so they can open there worm farm or other outrageous scheme somewhere in the Pacific..many are very well educated usually from Europe..not bad people at all..

So I come to a site like this OFFERING an opportunity perhaps to a real sailor who appreciates boats, doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and is met with just hateful spiteful commentary as I recently witnessed..I had two exit Zarpes last April out of Panama to the Marqueses within a period of 3 weeks..both crews fired.. both one day before departure. One for insubordination from this French Gal.. as we like to say the French are difficult..good sailors though...and the other for a weak effort.both spent all day on their computers...or in a bunk..didn't listen and broke the toilet..I now have a new toilet..

With 5 years cruising out of the States..never touching a dock except fuel dock..and my occupation retired senior level Merchant Marine Officer hundred vessels and more worldwide..I'm thinking maybe just maybe there is some sincere guy here who wants the Pacific puddle jump bad enough. You need that one top hand.. that's good and you can trust..the other hand then falls into line

I was limited by 1000 characters so the full listing regarding expenses was left out with instructions to E mail me directly...This commentary written on my boat offshore,,a stiff breeze powering my batteries through inverter and a free server..So you want to be cleaver and glib or are you looking for a shot at big time cruising..your choice
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook