SailNet Community - View Single Post - General discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011
No more curry buffets

Ritchard is on a distinguished road
I have a new-to-me '79 E32, "Ariel". Before talking refurbishment, I should mention that after owning it around 6 weeks now, I like her more every time I sail her.

So far my work on her has been small stuff, good cleaning, replacing the head and hoses, unplugging scuppers, refurbishing teak, etc. I have had to have both my Genoa and mainsail repaired due to my own ham-fistedness, but oh well.

I have for over the winter 2 pages of maintenance/refurbishment items, to complete a refit that the PO didn't quite get done. Once the boat is out of the water, I will prioritize the tasks, and start budgeting. I cannot do all I want to this winter, not enough time or money, but I'll go as far as those two resources allow. My main pressing item? replacing a stinky holding tank. My main big budget item? Autohelm. And to go with that, lazyjacks. I want to be able to single-hand the boat more easily.

I agree about the Endeavourowners site. While someone is still paying the hosting, it looks like it more or less went to sleep in 2002.