SailNet Community - View Single Post - General discussion
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 10-11-2011
Ritchard
No more curry buffets

I have a new-to-me '79 E32, "Ariel". Before talking refurbishment, I should mention that after owning it around 6 weeks now, I like her more every time I sail her.

So far my work on her has been small stuff, good cleaning, replacing the head and hoses, unplugging scuppers, refurbishing teak, etc. I have had to have both my Genoa and mainsail repaired due to my own ham-fistedness, but oh well.

I have for over the winter 2 pages of maintenance/refurbishment items, to complete a refit that the PO didn't quite get done. Once the boat is out of the water, I will prioritize the tasks, and start budgeting. I cannot do all I want to this winter, not enough time or money, but I'll go as far as those two resources allow. My main pressing item? replacing a stinky holding tank. My main big budget item? Autohelm. And to go with that, lazyjacks. I want to be able to single-hand the boat more easily.

I agree about the Endeavourowners site. While someone is still paying the hosting, it looks like it more or less went to sleep in 2002.

Bashing about on Lake Ontario and Beyond
"Ariel" '79 Endeavour 32
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome