SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschmidty View Post
Here is my little BFS. First day out was in solid 15-20 mph winds with the occasional gusts to 30.

So I got to to learn how to sail for the next 7 miles by playing with sail trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tschmidty View Post
Day two started with a beautiful sunrise. I made some coffee with the JetBoil french press and got going. Still no rudder but the wind had shifted a little and lightened up some so it wasn't hard to get out and get going. Mainly steering by my position on the boat occasionally hanging over the side to get it to turn windward. Without a rudder I had a lot of lee helm which was a hassle. After a nice long close hauled reach trying to steer through the stumps to the deeper water on the other side I got into a weird situation where I could not get the boat pointed.
Oh yeah...definitely...

Hey t, if you don't mind, also post your GPS tracks and links to your pics in this thread:

Passages, Pics & Platitudes

We're trying to get a collection of tracks, pics and videos for various sails so people without boats can at least see what we see when we're out. And it's fun to see what various parts of the world look like.

Great job dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 10-11-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook