SailNet Community - View Single Post - San Francisco/Alameda Yacht Clubs
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011

GeorgeB is on a distinguished road
Brian, I am currently a member of Encinal YC and I highly recommend it. Membership in the right club can add a tremendous amount to your sailing experience. For example, our reciprocal privileges with the other major clubs in the Bay gives you the ability to use their docks which is important as there is precious little public guest dock space out here. EYC has one of the most active Jr programs in the state Our pool is an asset for young families as is our “movie nights” for the kids while their parents enjoy our bar and restaurant. We have a very active cruising fleet, which does about fourteen cruises a year including a week in the Delta. We have an extensive racing program, hosting numerous races and regattas such as Master Mariners, Jack Frost, “Second Half Opener” and the Coastal Cup. Several of our members are national champions in their class as well as other local luminaries. We also do many social functions at the club house. Although we keep our boat on the island, we will bring the boat over to the club for the weekend. We also have members from as far away as Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. If you would like I tour of the facility, I’d love to show you around.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook