SailNet Community - View Single Post - Philadelphia Area Sailing for a Novice on a 25' SK
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 10-14-2011
deniseO30
me at 67!

Seems your set on traveling. The Delaware River is close. Trenton is as far north the shipping channel gets and there are close to 30 Yacht clubs http://www.dryl.org/ All the way to the Chesapeake. There are sailboat racing clubs regattas and races picnics, at many places on the river and there are always things for boaters to do. Philly is expensive and very churned up water because of big ships and industrial sites.

There are Marina's at Trenton, Tullytown, Burlington nj, Croydon, Riverside, Phila, and many more south of Philly. Essington is a real haven because it's behind Tinicum island. The River of course will take you to Delaware Bay, C & D canal, and over to the Chessy.

Denise, Bristol PA, Oday 30. On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!

My boat is sold!

Last edited by deniseO30; 10-14-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome