SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Jeanneau 44i advice

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  blt2ski 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm looking buying the jeanneau 44i within the next few weeks, does anyone have any experience of this make and model, we really like the look of this particular boat but cant find any reviews.

Thanks in advance.

Stewart

#3 ·
Stewart: I have a 2010 44i based on Lake St. Clair in Michigan. It is a great boat, very sea-kindly, comfortable and fast. We choose this over the 45DS because of the ease of getting in and out of the cockpit and because it is all one level down below. Every time (and I mean EVERY TIME) we are out sailing we get hailed from another boat or the shore with "That's a beautiful boat."
Mark

#6 ·
I've spent some time on a 44i here at CYOA (charter company). I do like having a one level floor below and the galley layout as well. It makes the interior seem larger when compared to the 45DS. The boat I've been on has green Awlgrip on her and really stands out in a fleet of white boats!

You've now double your post count too. :D

#9 ·
Hi Bradders;

My dad always said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As long as you love the boat and enjoy it she will be a thing of beauty. We no longer have a boat but out of the three we owned it is the one I miss the most.

I hope you have a long and success relationship with her.

#10 ·
Bradders, go the site recommended by blt2ski above and register your boat. Try to establish contact with other owners, comes in handy when you need advice specific to your boat. I always joined the owners sites on any boat I have owned and received a lot of good advice (free) from fellow members.

#12 ·
What you will also find about the site, is even if you ask a question, amazing how someone with another model of a similar year will have an answer, as a lot of the parts etc are the same on up and down the ladder of the line in any given model group. IE if you ask quesions on the newest i series now going out of production, some with 36i's have the same issues with some things as those with 39i's etc. In my case with an 85 Arcadia.......well, what can I say, fun to be over there none the less. Zanshin who posts on here also posts there, minnewaska recently joined over there.....among a few that I know post in both places.

marty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.